October 26th is National Pumpkin Day! #NationalPumpkinDay
Posted on October 26, 2018
Yes It’s #NationalPumpkinDay
Here are today’s Interesting Facts about Pumpkins:
- The largest pumpkin pie ever made was over five feet in diameter and weighed over 350 pounds. It used 80 pounds of cooked pumpkin, 36 pounds of sugar, 12 dozen eggs and took six hours to bake.
- In early colonial times, pumpkins were used as an ingredient for the crust of pies, not the filling.
- Pumpkins were once recommended for removing freckles and curing snake bites.
- The largest pumpkin ever grown weighed 1,140 pounds.
- The Connecticut field variety is the traditional American pumpkin.
Check out my book!