March 10th is National Ranch Dressing Day / #RanchDressingDay
Here are today’s five thing to know about Ranch Dressing:
- In 1954 ranch dressing was invented at Hidden Valley Ranch, a dude ranch near Santa Barbara, California.
- Ranch dressing has been the best-selling salad dressing in the United States since 1992, overtaking Italian dressing.
- Hidden Valley brand owns the right to ‘the Original Ranch®‘ After decades of trademark lawsuits similar products can be labeled ‘ranch style’ or simply ‘ranch’
- While popular in the United States and Canada, ranch dressing is virtually unknown in most of the world
- Since 1972 Hidden Valley Ranch has been owned by Clorox.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1845 RIP John Chapman, ‘Johnny Appleseed’ ,an American pioneer and legend, he planted apple seeds in the Ohio River valley area (Ohio, Indiana, Illinois)
- 1867 Lillian D. Wald was born. She was a scientist and nurse, and among her activities, she helped initiate the enactment of pure food laws in the U.S.
- 1873 RIP John Torrey, he was the first professional botanist in the New World.
- 1914 At the National Gallery in London, a suffragette slashed Diego Velázquez’s ‘Rokeby Venus’ with a meat cleaver.
Check out my book!
Categories: Food Holidays, March Food Holidays, Uncategorized
Tagged: national crab day
You must be logged in to post a comment.