Deal with it! November 12th is National Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day! / #pizza
Here are today’s five thing to know about anchovies:
Anchovies are preyed upon by almost every predatory fish in their environments.
Anchovies have teeth, described as “small and sharp,” in both the upper and lower jaws. Their diet consists of plankton and small fry of other fish.
94 percent of Americans eat pizza regularly.
Saturday night is the most popular night to eat pizza.
In Latin languages, such as Italian, the equivalent word for “anchovy” is used to describe a particularly thin person who is all skin and bones.
Today’s Food History
- 1908 William Keith Brooks died. An influential zoologist, he was a champion for the conservation of the Chesapeake Bay oyster.
- 1926 Jack Ryan was born. Before helping to develop the Barbie Doll for Mattell, Ryan worked for the Pentagon designing missiles!
- 1947 Buck Dharma of the music group ‘Blue Oyster Cult’ was born.
- 1956 Ice cubes, anyone? The largest iceberg was reported, in the South Pacific, 208 miles long by 60 miles wide.
- 1974 After more than 125 years, salmon returned to the River Thames in England
You must be logged in to post a comment.