National Peanut Butter Fudge Day
Five Food Finds about Peanut Butter
- Two peanut farmers have been elected president of the USA – Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter.
- Grand Saline, TX holds the title for the world’s largest peanut butter and jelly sandwich weighing in at 1,342 pounds. Grand Saline outweighed Oklahoma City’s 900 pounds peanut butter and jelly sandwich in November 2010. Oklahoma City, OK had been the reigning champ since September 7, 2002.
- Astronaut Allen B. Sheppard brought a peanut with him to the moon.
- Tom Miller pushed a peanut to the top of Pike’s Peak (14,100 feet) using his nose in 4 days, 23 hours, 47 minutes and 3 seconds.
- Adrian Finch of Australia holds the Guinness World Record for peanut throwing, launching the lovable legume 111 feet and 10 inches in 1999 to claim the record.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1820 A whaling ship, the Essex, was rammed twice by a sperm whale and eventually sank.
1967 The U.S. population passed 200 million, according to the Census Clock at the Department of Commerce.
1969 DDT was banned for residential use as part of a total phase out of its use in the U.S.
2009 Kellogg’s reports there will be a nationwide shortage of Eggo Frozen Waffles until the summer of 2010. Production has been interrupted at 2 of Eggo’s four production plants due to repairs.
You must be logged in to post a comment.