Food Tip: All shelled fish should be alive when you eat them raw. If they’re dead (closed), toss them back.
Five Food Finds About Clams
- The Giant clam has a lifespan of over 100 years.
- The clam has no head, no biting mouth parts and no arms or legs.
- A clam two or three inches in diameter would probably be three to five years old.
- It takes about 25 to 28 months for clam larvae to reach a market size clam.
- Clams feed year-round, though they feed less in winter because they need less energy.
All shelled fish should be alive when you eat them raw. If they’re dead (closed), toss them back.
There are over 5,000 different species of oyster world wide.
The flavor and color of oysters is influenced by the sand or sediment and the waters that they live in.
You must be logged in to post a comment.