Suggested Five Tasks Involved in Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day:
- Discard opened jars of things that you know you aren’t going to use in the foreseeable future.
- Wash down & disinfect the inside walls of the refrigerator, shelves, & all along the door seals
- Wash everything going back in – racks, bins & even the outsides of jars;
- Vacuum the coils at the back or bottom of the fridge, if your model has them
- Clean the floor underneath the fridge and the top of fridge.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1660 Asser Levy from Portugal, applied for a license to sell kosher meat. He was the first kosher butcher in New Amsterdam (New York).
- 1849 The first poultry show in the U.S. was held on November 15-16 in Boston, Massachusetts. 1,423 birds were exhibited by 219 exhibitors.
- 1868 James Mayer de Rothschild died (born May 15, 1792). European banker and founder of the French branch of the Rothschild family. In 1868 he acquired the famous Chateau Lafite vineyards in Bordeaux, France.
- 1882 Felix Frankfurter, U. S. Supreme Court justice, was born.
- 1904 King Camp Gillette was issued U.S. patent No. 775,134 for his disposable razor (applied for on Dec 3, 1901).
- 1952 ‘Jambalaya (On The Bayou)’ by Hank Williams was number one on the country music charts.
- 1964 Bernard Frank died (born March 7, 1902). American forester and conservationist, he was one of the eight co-founders of the Wilderness Society.
- 1967 Elmer McCollum died. He was a chemist who discovered vitamins A, B and D.
- 1969 The first color TV commercial in Britain was aired, for Birdseye Peas.
- 1969 Dave Thomas opened the first Wendy’s Hamburger restaurant in Columbus, Ohio.
You must be logged in to post a comment.