Here are today’s five thing to know about Nachos:
- Nachos are considered the most craved food by pregnant women.
- The word “Nacho” is actually used as a surname in Argentina and other Latin American countries.
- Invented in 1943 by Ignacio “Nacho” Anaya.
- Nachos as we know them aren’t ‘Mexican’ food, they’re Tex-Mex.
- The first known appearance of the word “nachos” in English dates to 1949, from the book A Taste of Texas.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1814 Antoine-Joseph (Adolphe) Sax was born. A musical instrument maker, he invented the saxophone.
- 1923 HyperInflation ran rampant in Europe. A loaf of bread cost 140 Billion German Marks.
- 1991‘Cream’ by Prince & The NPG is #1 on the charts.
- 1993 The world’s largest peanut butter and jelly sandwich was created in Peanut, Pennsylvania. It was almost 40 feet long and used 150 pounds of peanut butter and 50 pounds of jelly.