National Peanut Butter Day
Five Food Finds about Peanut Butter
- 60% of people like creamy peanut butter over crunchy.
- Women & children prefer creamy, while most men like crunchy.
- It takes about 550 peanuts to make a 12 ounce jar of creamy peanut butter.
- Peanut butter’s high protein content draws moisture from your mouth. That’s why it sticks to the roof of your mouth.
- Sales of Creamy peanut butter is higher on the East Coast, Chunky on the West Coast.
On This Day in Food History…
1920 Eskimo Pie Patent Date. The Eskimo Pie was patented by Christian K. Nelson, first sold in 1922 as “I-Scream Bars”
1935 The first beer can was introduced by the Gottfried Krueger Brewing Company
1939 Maximilian Bircher-Benner died. He was a Swiss doctor who developed the granola-like cereal product ‘Muesli’
1959 Coors launched the 7 ounce seamless, recyclable aluminum beer can.
1988 RIP Charles Glen King,a biochemist who discovered vitamin C in 1932. He first extracted & isolated it from lemon juice.
Tagged: Christian K. Nelson, complete protein, creamy peanut butter, five food finds, foodimentary, incomplete protein, national food holidays, National Peanut Butter, national peanut butter day, peanut butter, today in food history, Women & children