Here are today’s five things to know about Peppermint Lattes:
Peppermint lattee is typically made of Espresso, steamed milk, mocha sauce and peppermint flavored syrup.
Peppermint is a hybrid mint between watermint and spearmint.
The first description of peppermint was by 1753 by Carl Linnaeus.
Peppermint has a high menthol content, that is widely used to relieve minor throat irritation.
Peppermint syrup is a delicious complement to coffee and hot chocolate.
Today’s Food History
- 1368 Charles VI of France was born. It was during Charles VI rule that Taillevent was made Master of the King’s kitchens. Charles VI also gave sole rights for the aging of Roquefort cheese to the village of Roquefort-sur-Soulzon, and all Roquefort must still be aged in the caves there today.
- 1838 Cleveland Abbe was born. Abbe was an astronomer and meteorologist, and is considered the “father of the U.S. Weather Bureau.” The Weather Bureau (National Weather Service) was authorized by Congress in 1870.
- 1842 Charles A. Pillsbury, flour magnate, was born in New Hampshire.
- 1842 Ellen Swallow Richards was born. She was one of the founders of the home economics movement in the U.S.
- 1910 George Claude first demonstrated his new invention, the neon light, at the Paris Motor Show.
- 1967 The 20th Century Limited luxury train completed its last run from New York City to Chicago, Illinois.
- 1984 The world’s worst industrial disaster occurred in Bhopal, India. Over 40 tons of poisonous gas leaked out of a Union carbide pesticide factory. About 3,800 were killed and over 300,000 people suffered acute respiratory problems, burning eyes and vomiting. An independent Investigation has shown a strong possibility of employee sabotage as a cause of the disaster, although this has not been proved.
Check out my book!
You must be logged in to post a comment.