Frozen raspberries with an ice cream filling is
the perfect summer dessert.
Here are today’s five thing to know about the ‘Raspberry Bombe’ :
- Bombe comes in many flavors fruity and sweet.
- Escoffier gives over sixty recipes for bombes in Le Guide culinaire.
- A bombe glacée or simply a bombe in English, is an ice cream dessert frozen in a spherical mould so as to resemble a cannonball, hence the name.
- The dessert appeared on restaurant menus as early as 1882.
- Raspberry bombe is among the most popular flavors.
Today’s Board: Raspberry recipes & more
Today’s Food History
- 1858 Christiaan Eijkman was born. A Dutch physician who discovered that beriberi was caused by a poor diet (a lack of vitamin B1), which eventually led to the discovery of vitamins.
- 1874 Harry S. Parmelee of New Haven, Connecticut patented the sprinkler head.
- 1949 Eric Carmen of the music group ‘The Raspberries’ was born.
- 1962 Booker T and the MG’s released their instrumental single ‘Green Onions’.
- 1992 The Mall of America opened in Bloomington, Minnesota. It was the largest shopping mall in the U.S.
You must be logged in to post a comment.