Here are today’s five thing to know about Oatmeal Muffin:
- ‘Muffins’ in the Americas are referred to baked breads in small tins while “English” Muffins are oven-baked, then cooked in a griddle
- The word Muffin likely derives its name from the an Old German word Muffen, the plural of Muffe meaning a small cake.
- Oatmeal is still a bargain at less than 15 cents a serving.
- An 18-ounce package of Old Fashioned Quaker® Oats contains about 26,000 rolled oats.
- Seventy-five percent of U.S. households have oatmeal in their cupboard.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1732 First issue of ‘Poor Richard’s Almanac’ was published.
- 1809 Pierre Joseph van Beneden was born. A Belgian parasitologist, he discovered the life cycle of tapeworms.
- 1863 Frederick Walton of London patented Linoleum. The standard kitchen flooring.
- 1871 Albert L. Jones patented corrugated paper which could be used to make boxes.
Categories: December Food Holidays, Food Holidays
Tagged: december food holidays, oatmeal muffins
You must be logged in to post a comment.