November is National Pepper Month!
Today’s post is about Pepper, the spice.
Pepper, the spice:
- Pepper is the top selling spice in America
- As long as your ground pepper and peppercorns are kept dry they can be usable indefinitely.
- Pepper comes in many colors: green, black, red & white but all comes from the same plant, the color is related to how ripe it is and how it has been processed
- Pepper is a vine native to India.
- It has been used in cooking for over 3000 years!
- Pepper traders originated the original spice routes from India to Europe.
- Pepper gets its kick from the component peperine
Check out my book!
Categories: Encyclopedia, Food Holidays, November Food Holidays, Uncategorized
You must be logged in to post a comment.