Here are today’s five thing to know about Sangria:
- Sangria is not a cocktail with a specific recipe. Sangria makes cheap wine, as well as other inexpensive and easily accessible ingredients, taste better and eases the consumption.
- Sangria in the Spanish language means ‘bloody’
- The country with the highest per-capita wine consumption in the world is…. wait for it…. Vatican City.
- The word Alcohol is derived from the Arabic language (al kohl or alkuhl). Strange consider that a large proportion of the Arabic population is forbidden from consuming alcohol for religious reasons.
- Poor soil quality tends to produce better wines. The trick is to “challenge” the vines by making them “work” harder.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
Categories: December Food Holidays, Food Holidays
You must be logged in to post a comment.